COVID-19 – Safety Measures.
Natalie Ewens Hair takes the safety of all the Team and Clients during these difficult times very seriously.
There will be strict policies in place to ensure the salon is ready to welcome back everyone once the doors open on Saturday 4th July 2020.
I have now opened up the diary and have started taking bookings. To do this as fair as possible, knowing that after almost 15 weeks everyone now needs their hair cutting /colouring. I shall start by contacting everyone who had their appointments cancelled from March 23rd 2020 when we had to close our doors. I shall then open the diary to everyone else.
We as a team shall be working shifts with longer opening hours to ensure maximum safety for everyone and minimise the amount of people in the salon at any one time.
Please read the safety measures below so you are aware of the changes Natalie Ewens Hair has in place.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment, no earlier, no later. Please wait outside or in your car until your stylist notifies you they are ready as we have no waiting area within the salon as styling sections have been removed. Clients will be required to attend their appointments alone (unless supervision is necessary then social distancing still applies). Children should attend their hair appointment on their own where necessary, any under 10’s may have their parent attend if needs be. If children are unable to sit still we have the right to end the service at any time.
- Please bring as little as possible to your appointment, coats should be left in the car, this eliminates any cross contamination.
- Everyone will be required to use hand sanitizer on entry.
- Clients are not required to wear a mask / face covering during the whole of their appointment time but must wear a mask when at the wash basin having their hair shampooed or their colour rinsed off – masks will be provided by Natalie Ewens Hair but please feel free to bring your own if you want too. An instruction sheet of how to apply a mask correctly will be placed at each styling station. Your stylist will be wearing a face shield during the duration of your appointment.
- Clients who are pregnant shall be required to wear a face mask during the duration of their appointment as well as their stylist.
- Every styling section and wash basin will be thoroughly cleaned between each appointment. We have extended our appointment times from 45 mins to 1 hour to ensure a wipe down time.
- Protective screens have been put in place at the wash basin area and a Perspex screen has been placed on the reception desk for your safety – the card machine will be disinfected after every use, please try to use the contactless free option when possible – NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED ON PAYMENT.
- Every client will be required to have their hair washed by their stylist before your cutting service is carried out this does include our male clientele.
- When colouring hair your stylist must wear protective gloves. These shall be discarded after every colour service.
- All towels and gowns will be washed after every client as normal on a 60 degree wash to eliminate the virus.
- No magazines will be available in the salon. You may bring a device such as a tablet or kindle for your colour development time.
- Refreshments will be available but this must be given in a disposable cup and you stylist must pass the cup using a disposable wipe / tissue.
- There will be a Covid-19 poster in place at each styling section. Each staff member is now qualified in the Barbicide Certification for infection control.
- Consultations will still be carried out in the salon, they will take place using the mirror to minimise face to face contact. If you are showing your stylist a desired photo on your mobile phone or tablet device please do not hand them your phone this shall also be the case for stylist to client.
- Skin tests will need to be carried out for everyone who hasn’t had their hair coloured in the last 6 months or who is yet to be skin tested with Milkshake since we changed our colour brand recently. This will be set up as a self-service station.
Please keep in mind these are temporary measures and the salon may change and adapt at any time.
My team will be working very hard to maintain the high standard of service which we provided before the lockdown.
Government guidelines will be adhered to at all times.
We look forward to welcoming you all back into the salon from the 4th July 2020.